This is for real, people.
Barack Obama, you know, the guy who lives in a luxurious white house in Washington D.C. and does nothing but give lazy people China’s money, apologize for our great country, and win prestigious awards for no apparent reason, has been nominated for YET ANOTHER award.
Obama is up for the “Stewie” Award for “Best Vocal Performance”, which honors the year’s most memorable quote in NASCAR. In case you were wondering(or cared) what the “Stewie” Awards are, they are a group of awards given out by NASCAR driver Tony Stewart on his radio show at the end of the season. They are like the Oscar’s in a sense that there are several different categories for which awards are given out, but they are all called “Stewies”.
If you don’t believe me, take a look at this excerpt from a NASCAR.com article:
Best Vocal Performance
Honoring the year’s most memorable quote
(Visit www.sirius.com/stewieawards to hear audio of nominees)
• Kyle Busch tells Junior Nation that he’d rather win races than sell the most t-shirts at Bristol. (Mar 22)
• Michael Waltriptackles 5th Grade U.S. History on FOX’s Are You Smarter Than A 5th Grader? (Oct. 27)
• Tony Stewart “in awe” of Jeff Gordon post-race at Kansas. (Oct. 4)
• President Barack Obama welcomes NASCAR to the White House. (Aug. 19)
• Inaugural Class of NASCAR Hall of Fame inductees announced by CEO Brian France. (Oct. 14)
The awards, which I guess are supposed to be prestigious, are typically handed out to NASCAR drivers who often do something during the season to earn them. I guess our 44th president is the exception to all rules when it comes to giving out awards.
If you want to listen to the “Stewie” Awards live, you can tune in to Stewart’s radio show on Sirius Channel 128 and XM Channel 128 at 10:00 P.M. EST on Thursday, December 3rd.