NASCAR unveiled it’s 25 Hall of Fame nominees on Thursday.
Headlining the list are legendary drivers Bobby Allison, Cale Yarborough, David Pearson, and Darrell Waltrip, along with 8-time champion crew chief Dale Inman, and the late car owner Raymond Parks.
The 5 new names added to the list this year are Jerry Cook, Inman, Fred Lorenzen, Jack Ingram, and T. Wayne Robertson.
Your nominees are:
• Buck Baker, first driver to win consecutive Cup Series championships
• Red Byron, first Cup Series champion, in 1949
• Richard Childress, 11-time car owner champion in NASCAR’s three national series
• Jerry Cook, six-time NASCAR Modified champion
• Richie Evans, nine-time NASCAR Modified champion
• Tim Flock, two-time Cup Series champion
• Rick Hendrick, 12-time car owner champion in NASCAR’s three national series
• Jack Ingram, two-time Busch Series champion
• Dale Inman, eight-time Cup Series championship crew chief
• Ned Jarrett, two-time Cup Series champion
• Fred Lorenzen, 26 wins and winner of the Daytona 500 and World 600
• Bud Moore, 63 wins and two Cup Series titles as a car owner
• Raymond Parks, NASCAR’s first champion car owner
• Benny Parsons, 1973 Cup Series champion
• David Pearson, 105 victories and three Cup Series championships
• Lee Petty, winner of first Daytona 500 and first three-time Cup Series champion
• Fireball Roberts, won 33 Cup Series races, including the 1962 Daytona 500
• T. Wayne Robertson, helped raise NASCAR popularity as R.J. Reynolds Senior VP
• Herb Thomas, first two-time Cup Series champion, in 1951 and ’53
• Curtis Turner, early personality, called the “Babe Ruth of stock-car racing”
• Darrell Waltrip, winner of 84 races and three Cup Series championships
• Joe Weatherly, two-time Cup Series champion
• Glen Wood, as driver, laid foundation for Wood Brothers’ future team success
• Cale Yarborough, winner of three consecutive Cup Series titles, in 1976-78
5 of these men will be inducted into the Hall of Fame in 2011. So who should go?
My top choices are Yarborough, Allison, and Pearson(all 3 could have been inducted last year), along with Inman(gotta give the crew chiefs some love), and Parks(first owner to win a championship is a pretty big deal).
What do you think? Tell us your 5 or make your vote count here.
Tags: NASCAR Hall Of Fame