In case you were hiding under a rock this week (as I have been away getting focused on College), here is the rundown on the announcements made during the NASCAR Media Tour this past week.
NASCAR Media Tour Major Announcements/Headlines:
- Danica Patrick Will Not Run Indy 500: During the Stewart-Haas Racing Media Tour, Patrick announced that she will forgo the Indianapolis 500 and will instead focus on NASCAR’s longest race of the season, the Coca-Cola 600.
- NASCAR Going Public With Every Fine: During the Media Tour, NASCAR CEO Brian France dropped the bomb that he will make every fine against all drivers public, thus ending the elusive “secret” fines that many drivers last season talked about.
- Ford Unveils 2013 Sprint Cup Series Car: The Ford Motor Company unveiled their 2013 race car that will be implemented in 2013 for the NASCAR Sprint Cup Series. Drivers including Greg Biffle said the car is “badass”. NASCAR called the unveiling a “historical leap foward”.
- Brian France Says Sport Is In Good Place: NASCAR CEO Brian France said in his media press conference that NASCAR is “in a good place”. He recently said in an interview that he would “be shot” if he asked for a change in the Chase Format.
- Kevin Harvick Comes Clean about KHI Closing/Says Kyle Busch Relationship Still the Same: Kevin Harvick told reporters during RCR’s media tour that he decided to move on from Kevin Harvick Inc because his wife, DeLana, is expecting in July. Harvick also stated (according to SceneDaily) that his relationship with rival Kyle Busch has not waned, or changed one bit. Congrats to Kevin and DeLana on their pregnancy.