Sizzlers & Fizzlers – Following the Toyota/ Save Mart 350
Sizzlers – This list consist of drivers who had a great week or are riding a powerful wave of momentum.
1.Martin Truex Jr. – The look on Martin Truex Jr’s face in victory lane on Sunday was one of Sweet jubilation. Driver 56 finally snapped that nasty 6 year winless drought in dominant fashion of all places a road course. Who would have scripted this?
2. Jeff Gordon – Had it not been for that miscalculation on pit road just before the yellow came out. Monday morning’s water cooler conversation might have sounded something like “Hey did you know Jeff Gordon is only 17 wins away from surpassing David Pearson for 2nd on the all time NASCAR Sprint cup series wins list”?
3. Kurt Busch – Overcame two pit road speeding penalties to finish a solid 4th in the final running order. That’s impressive friends just down right impressive.
4. Greg Biffle – The Biff told TNT’s Ralph Sheheen on Sunday’s pre race show he’s thinking NASCAR triple crown.
5. Carl Edwards – Another quietly consistent run for Carl on Sunday. He remains 2nd in the point standing to a guy named Johnson.
Fizzlers – Drivers listed below are falling fast or are for lack of a better term are ice cold as of late.
1. Denny Hamlin – Denny’s chase aspirations for 2013 are on life support.
2. Kyle Busch – Usually this is about the time where the wheels come off the bus for the rowdy one.
3. Bobby Labonte- Hard not to feel for this guy as of late. First he partially loses his ride to AJ Allmendinger and subsequently finishes 43rd in his first race out of the 47 car. Let’s not talk about Sonoma either; he barely got going in this one.
4. Jacques Villeneuve – Wait was he in the race?
5. Victor Gonzalez Jr, Paulie Harraka, Alex Kennedy – They say first impression’s are everything. Well for these three driver’s their NASCAR Sprint cup debuts most definitely left a lasting impression on nobody.
Photo courtesy of Zimbio.com