Sizzlers – This list consist of drivers who had a great week or are riding a powerful wave of momentum.
1. Matt Kenseth- Cambridge, Wisconsin’s favorite son rolled off a season high 4th win at Kentucky. Kenseth leads all NSCS drivers in laps lead this season with 960.
2. Jamie McMurray – Welcome back to the top 5 Jamie McMurray! The EGR driver earned his first top 5 in nearly two years on Sunday, if only he had a few more laps he may have caught race winner Matt Kenseth. If only!
3. Kurt Busch- Nobody said earning your way back to the top was going to be easy, but Kurt Busch is doing it with grace and class. Who knew he had it in him?
4. Jeff Gordon- As the future hall of famer’s career winds down, so do his chances of winning a 5th NSCS championship. Good news, Gordon fan’s his 8th place finish at Kentucky propelled him up one spot in the standings from 11th to 12th
5. Martin Truex Jr. – Truex Jr. follows up his big Sonoma win with a solid top 10 finish at Kentucky. Driver # 56 moves Up 2 sports in the standings from 10th to 8th this week.
Fizzlers – Drivers listed below are falling fast, or are for lack of a better term ice cold as of late.
1. Denny Hamlin- “Like sands through the hourglass, so are Denny Hamlin’s chances of making the chase”.
2. Brad Keselowski- I guess when it rains back luck it pours. Somebody pour him a tall glass of Miller Lite now!
3. Tony Stewart- Smoke fell back to 16th in the standings this week. That summer surge we’ve all come to expect from Stewart is on ice at the moment.
4. Greg Biffle – It’s plain and simple he just got caught up in someone else’s wreck this week. On to Daytona.
5. Scott Riggs – Startimus Parksimus! Seriously! Scotty somebody ought to check your transmission before the start of the race.
Photo courtesy of zimbio.com