Sizzlers – This list consist of drivers who had a great week or are riding a powerful wave of momentum.
1. Jimmie Johnson -Superman has returned! No restart drama this week makes for a happy driver, but don’t ask the other 42 drivers how they feel about ol 5 time’s big Daytona win.
2. Kevin Harvick -The closer was one green white checker finish away from living up to his infamous nickname.
3. Kurt Busch -Kurt finally has worked his way into the top 10 in points. What a comeback!
4. Clint Bowyer – Solid 2013 season thus far, now all Clint needs, is to roll off a few wins before the chase. No pressure.
5. Casey Mears -How sweet it was to see Casey return to the top 10, it’s been far too long.
Fizzlers – Drivers listed below are falling fast, or are for lack of a better term ice cold as of late.
1. Denny Hamlin – Appears to be down for the count as far as his chase hopes are concerned.
2. Brad Keselowski – Darkness has fallen over the reigning NSCS champions 2013 season. You get the feeling the misery is not over just yet. Hang in there Brad!
3. Joey Logano – Roller coaster season continues for the man sometimes known as JoLo.
4. Paul Menard-Kaboom!!! Menard’s solid early season success much like his engine at Daytona on Saturday night suddenly went up in smoke.
5. Juan Montoya – If only he could find a little luck. Where would he be in the standings?
Photo courtesy of Zimbio.com