Sizzlers – This list consist of drivers who had a great week or are riding a powerful wave of momentum.
- Jimmie Johnson- Can’t hold em down. Even a 43rd starting position at New Hampshire couldn’t derail the 43 bunch’s recent wave of momentum. Take that!
2 . Brian Vickers – Brian’s breakthrough victory on Sunday proves nothing is never completely out of reach. What are you waiting for Michael Waltrip? Get this man a contract!
3. Kevin Harvick – Make it ten weeks,and 10 top 10 finishes for the closer.
4. Jeff Burton- Sunday we saw shades of the Jeff Burton of old. Burton’s solid third place run was reminiscent of the days when he dominated the magic mile.
5. Brad Keselowski- Slide’s over, now let’s see how the reigning NSCS champion handles the pressure of defending that title down the stretch.
Fizzlers – Drivers listed below are falling fast, or are for lack of a better term ice cold as of late.
- Joey Logano- Keep calm and take a deep breath young man. Now go stand in the corner and think about what you’ve done. Logano’s pit road temper tantrum overshadowed the fact he fell further back in the points standings with only seven races remaining before the chase. Yikes!
2. Tony Stewart – Pit road gamble turned out to be mighty costly for Smoke on Sunday. If he misses the chase you have to believe this race will haunt him for quite sometime.
3. Ryan Newman- You stupid idiot you! Kyle Busch made it quite clear he was none too impressed with the rocket man for allegedly costing his big bro a chance at certain victory.
4. Danica Patrick- It takes a big driver to admit when they were in the wrong. Kudos to the princess of speed for taking Sunday’s on track incident with Stenhouse Jr & Kvapil like a champ instead of like a chump.
5. Travis Kvapil- Summer sequel we all couldn’t wait to see! Danica vs. BK Racing part two. Travis didn’t quite have it his way on Sunday, ultimately getting caught up in a tangle of two lovers that relegated him to a 38th place finish. What a whopper!
Photo courtesy of zimbio.com