Sizzlers – This list consist of drivers who had a great week or are riding a powerful wave of momentum.
1. Kasey Kahne- Wining his 2nd race of the season all but guarantees ol blue eyes a spot in the chase.
2. Jeff Gordon- Gordon’s recent string of momentum has him poised to collect his first win of the 2013 season.
3. Ryan Newman- Looking for work is never easy just don’t tell Ryan Newman that. Since receiving word his services would no longer be required at Stewart Haas Racing it’s been all uphill for the rocket man.
4. Dale Earnhardt Jr – Solid like a stone. Dale Jr nets another top 5 finish at Pocono, and remains 5th in the overall standings.
5. Jimmie Johnson- If JJ wins his 6th NSCS title this season, the 48 team can look back on the August Pocono race as the event that defined their season.
Fizzlers – Drivers listed below are falling fast, or are for lack of a better term ice cold as of late.
1. Denny Hamlin- Just when you think it can’t get any worse…. It does. Denny Hamlin’s nightmare season rolls on.
2. Ricky Stenhouse Jr- Nobody expected his learning curve to be this steep.
3. Danica Patrick- Lately where there’s a BK Racing machine on track you’ll find the princess of speed not too far behind. And this concoction is lethal.
4. Jeff Burton- Misery loves the mayor this season. Too bad the feelings not mutual. Another wreck at Pocono derailed his chase hopes for 2013.
5. Alex Kennedy- An apparent vibration problem ended Kennedy’s day early at Pocono. Silver lining, at least he made it off pit road in once peace this time.
Photo courtesy of zimbio.com