Sizzlers – This list consist of drivers who had a great week or are riding a powerful wave of momentum.
1. Joey Logano- Joey’s breakthrough victory with Penske Racing has him thinking chase. Anything less than a chase birth would be utterly disappointing. Don’t you think?
2. Kurt Busch- What a difference a year makes. After a rather dismal 2012 season, Kurt Busch is now generating positive media headlines. Who knew driving for Furniture Row Racing would be his saving grace?
3. Kevin Harvick- The closer was merely inches away from tasting victory for the third time in 2013. Best lame duck season Ever!!!!
4. Jeff Burton- Every now and then we see shades of the guy who use to run up front regularly driving a purple & black ford. He resurfaced at Michigan on the weekend albeit for a little while. Oh nostalgia.
5. Paul Menard- You’d think scoring your first top 5 finish since last October would generate some enthusiasm in a driver’s attitude. Well not Paul Menard. Awww that’s why they call him the ice man. Got It!
Fizzlers – Drivers listed below are falling fast, or are for lack of a better term ice cold as of late.
1. Dale Earnhardt Jr- Junior believes his team is better than what the standings suggest. Guess we’ll find out how good this team really is in three weeks won’t we?
2. David Reutimann- Tough season just gets tougher as the weeks pass.
3. Josh Wise- Stepping out on a limb here, but are these guys back to starting & parking or are we jumping the gun? Hmmm…
4. Jimmie Johnson- Yes, JJ’s sizable points lead leaves room for marginal error.
5. Johnny Sauter- Welcome back to the NSCS Mr. Sauter! If only for 34 laps.
Photo courtesy of zimbio.com