Sizzlers – This list consist of drivers who had a great week or are riding a powerful wave of momentum.
1. Kasey Kahne- Raising Kahne! Kasey’s getting hot at just the right time. Dark horse title contender? Hmmmm…..
2. Joey Logano- Okay here’s where we are with 2 races to go before the chase; JoLo is going for broke to secure his position on the grand stage after the dust settles on the evening on September 7th. Care to bet against him???
3. Brian Vickers- If Brian’s Bristol performance is a sign of things to come in 2014, then the Aaron’s dream machine crew just put the entire NSCS garage on notice. You’ve been warned.
4. Paul Menard- Surely 2 consecutive top 10 finishes would cause the ice man to crack a smile? Come on Paul, you can do it!
5. Matt Kenseth- Matt’s locked and loaded for the chase.
Fizzlers – Drivers listed below are falling fast, or are for lack of a better term ice cold as of late.
1. Jimmie Johnson- JJ’s once mountainous point lead dwindled abruptly within a matter of weeks. Should the 48 bunch be concerned? Or will the cream rise once we get to the chase?
2. Martin Truex Jr. – How far Marty will go beyond the next two weeks may define his career. In terms of qualifying for the chase, driver #56 sits on the bubble at the moment. Will he make it?
3. Brad Keselowski- Last season’s feel good story is this season’s tragic nightmare. No wins yet in 2013. Need I say more?
4. Josh Wise- How wickedly awesome was it to see Josh Wise trending on Twitter for a short period of time on Saturday night? Don’t get carried away that crazy little feeling faded fast. Really fast!
5. Denny Hamlin- Denny Hamlin for comeback driver of the year in 2014! Because 2013 was a complete disaster.
Photo courtesy of zimbio.com