Sizzlers – This list consist of drivers who had a great week or are riding a powerful wave of momentum.
1. Joey Logano- Don’t we all feel foolish for writing him off back in July. Joey’s recent hot streak will earn him a spot in this season’s chase for the cup. Nice work Joey!
2. Martin Truex Jr. – Marty’s gutsy performance at Atlanta showed everybody he really wants to win a championship for MWR.
3. Ryan Newman- The rocket man continues his march towards securing a spot in the chase despite all the hoopla surrounding his status for 2014. Talk about a wild card.
4. Jeff Gordon- Déjà vu all over again for the ageless one. Gordon finds himself exactly in the same position as he did a year ago heading into Richmond. Will the outcome be the same this time? I believe in this guy! Do You?
5. Brian Vickers – Brian & the Aaron’s dream machine crew may well be serious contenders to win it all come 2014. Consistency is the name of the game for this group.
Fizzlers – Drivers listed below are falling fast, or are for lack of a better term ice cold as of late.
1. Denny Hamlin- Is it 2014 yet??? Yes you can feel bad for Denny! His 2013 season reads something like a horrible murder mystery novel gone wrong.
2. Brad Keselowski- Brad’s faint hopes of making chase hang by a thread heading into Richmond. His chances don’t look particularly favorable. But you can bet he will go down swinging.
3. Jimmie Johnson- After 3 weeks of horrid luck the five time champion finds himself in a precarious position heading into perhaps the most important chase of his career.
4. Mark Martin- Tony Stewart’s super sub has been anything but in his first 2 starts behind the wheel of the 14 Chevy.
5. Clint Bowyer- Missed a golden opportunity to nestle the points lead away from JJ in Atlanta. Oh well can’t dwell of what could have been…