Sizzlers – This list consist of drivers who had a great week or are riding a powerful wave of momentum.
1. Kurt Busch- Please give a big round of Applause for Kurt Busch & FRR as they defied the odds, and qualified for the chase. They’re certainly going to make some noise over the next 10 weeks.
2. Jeff Gordon- Jeff Gordon handled the disappointment of missing the chase like a true champion. Now the four time champion can focus on stealing a victory or two from the chase drivers over the next 10 weeks.
3. Carl Edwards- Carl’s got his Swagger back. Huge victory at Richmond places Edwards right back into the title picture.
4. Ryan Newman- Bizarre rollercoaster season for the rocket man culminates with an unanticipated berth in the chase.
5. Ricky Stenhouse Jr- Finally! The former 2 time NNS champion scores his first career NSCS top 10.
Fizzlers – Drivers listed below are falling fast, or are for lack of a better term ice cold as of late.
1. Clint Bowyer- Clint’s scandalous spin in the closing laps of last Saturday night’s race cost the entire MWR organization dearly. Was it all worth it???
2. Jimmie Johnson- Catastrophic results over the last month have the five time champion in a precarious position with the chase set to begin this weekend. Good grief!
3. David Stremme- Goodbye David Stremme. We hardly knew ya!
4. Ryan Truex- Ryan’s first 2 NSCS starts were anything but spectacular. Seriously was anybody expecting him to set the world on fire?
5. Reed Sorenson- Apparently Leavine Family Racing believes Reed Sorenson is the answer to their start & park debacle.
Photo courtesy of zimbio.com