Sizzlers – This list consist of drivers who had a great week or are riding a powerful wave of momentum.
1. Brad Keselowski- Brad’s awe-inspiring persistence lead him back to the winner’s circle.
2. Matt Kenseth- As long as Matt Kenseth can maintain that calm demeanour he wears so well then a 2nd NASCAR Sprint Cup Series championship is only 5 races away.
3. Jimmie Johnson- Seriously Jimmie Johnson has to be Allen Bestwick’s favorite driver. Never have. I heard someone so disappointed by a restart. Sorry Allen the five time champion can’t win em all.
4. Kevin Harvick- Living up to his nickname (the closer) Harvick appears to be saving his best stuff for the closing act.
5. Jeff Gordon- I know there’s some NASCAR aficionados out there praying the four time champion to just fade away. Sorry! Folks we’re heading into race #6 in the chase and his drive for 5 is very much alive.
Fizzlers – Drivers listed below are falling fast, or are for lack of a better term ice cold as of late.
1. Mark Martin- Martin’s final chapter of his storied career resembles a Shakespearian tragedy.
2. Michael McDowell- When will NSCS owner’s realize Michael deserves much better than starting & parking cars?
3. Josh Wise- Sometimes you just can’t catch a brake(s)
4. Travis Kvapil- Travis had a rough week on and off the track. Let’s leave it at that.
5. J.J. Yeley- All the kids in America will be rooting for J.J this weekend at Talladega, they want to eat for free!! Well he’s got that going for him.