Sizzlers – This list consist of drivers who had a great week or are riding a powerful wave of momentum.
1. Matt Kenseth- Martinsville proved to be no match for Kenseth’s march toward championship number 2.
2. Jeff Gordon- Gordon’s 1st win of 2013 was simply awe-inspiring.
3. Denny Hamlin- 2 top 10 finishes in 2 of the last 3 races. Hey, at this point of the season it’s not much, nevertheless a nice way to build momentum for 2014.
4. Jimmie Johnson- If anything he knows how to apply pressure when it counts, but wasn’t Martinsville supposed to be his grand slam?
5. Clint Bowyer- Go ahead, Admit it! Some of you were happy to see Clint Bowyer back in the top 5 for the first time since Michigan in August.
Fizzlers – Drivers listed below are falling fast, or are for lack of a better term ice cold as of late.
1. Kyle Larson – For now we can blame Phoenix’s Racing’s subpar equipment for Kyle Larson’s less than stellar first two NSCS appearances. Should this trend continue into 2014, Chip Ganassi may get used to hearing “I told you he wasn’t ready for this!”
2. Reed Sorenson- Before, Kyle Larson Chip Ganassi believed a kid by the name of Reed Sorenson was the future of his organization. Let’s hope he’s right about Kyle Larson.
3. David Ragan- David, we’re not in Talladega anymore!
4. Mark Martin- Mark Martin finished 42nd at Charlotte, and 36th at Martinsville. It’s days like this where Mr. Martin probably wishes he was still the driver of the Aaron’s dream machine.
5. Kasey Kahne- Wake Kasey up when 2013 ends!