Sizzlers – This list consist of drivers who had a great week or are riding a powerful wave of momentum.
1. Jimmie Johnson- Following a two year hiatus Jimmie Johnson is once again king of the castle.
2. Denny Hamlin- Denny Hamlin’s turbulent 2013 season ended on an incredibly high note, consequently extending his yearly win streak to eight consecutive seasons.
3. Dale Earnhardt Jr.- Dale Jr’s stout 2013 chase performance propelled him to his best NSCS points finish since 2006.
4. Matt Kenseth- Even in defeat, Matt Kenseth exhibited a tremendous amount of grace and class. For that he’s worthy of a huge round of applause.
5. Martin Truex Jr.- Finally Martin Truex Jr. can feel liberated, his MWR ordeal has official ended. Throw in a top 5 finish for that added nice touch.
Fizzlers – Drivers listed below are falling fast, or are for lack of a better term ice cold as of late.
1. AJ Allmendinger- The Dinger managed only 1 top 10 finish in 9 starts with JTG- Daugherty Racing. Yikes, this can’t bode well for 2014.
2. Paul Menard- Paul’s late race catastrophe promises to monopolize highlight reels across the country. Holy smoke!! What a way to finish the season.
3. Trevor Bayne- Bayne’s made minimal progress since his stunning Daytona 500 victory in 2011 leaving his once bright future hanging in the balance.
4. Dave Blaney- Does TBR’s signing of Michael Annett earlier this week spell the end of Ryan’s dad’s NSCS career?
5. Michael McDowell – Give him a brake, even he’s had enough of this start and park nonsense. You guessed it, his Phil Parsons Racing swan song ended prematurely with brake trouble. Sure buddy!